Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gita!

While waiting for a ride back from a meeting at one of the high schools the other day, I heard some drumming and had to go check it out.  What I found follows:



The drumming that called my name...
...and DANCING!
The boss man and his apprentice... turns out I walked in on a traditional Zulu dance class.  I have gotten opportunities to see Zulu dance before, but it was a special treat to see them doing it not as a performance (often for tourists) but for their own enjoyment.

One of my favorites... notice the shadow :)

Drumming and chanting...
 


My vantage point...



The audience...

Midair shot...

My absolute favorite... the classic Zulu kick... it's unbelievable... you would not believe how many shots I had to take to get this one...
I also took some badass videos which I will upload on Facebook...  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment