Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More holidays!

As my grandmother so astutely observed when I was on the phone with her for Mother's Day: South Africa has a lot of holidays.  I'm not complaining.  Means more adventures for me! :)

The last few weeks have been about 2/3 holidays and 1/3 work.  Let's start from the beginning.

Holiday Uno: Cape Town

The boys went for a "boys weekend" and I came in a couple days later to join the fun.  It was pretty chill-ax (I think they had partied themselves silly before I got there), but was definitely nice to get out of Mtuba and see my Capetonian friends. 

The highlights of the trip had to be:

1) Visiting Tony (Team Paramount!) at his home in Gugulethu, a township outside of Cape Town.  We got to meet his family and hang out with his peeps, a little taste of Tony world.  It meant a lot for Tony to take the time to show us around and let us into his life.  First of all, what an honor to be shown around the township by the "unofficial mayor of Guges" (a self proclaimed title).  Gotta love it.  It was so amazing of Tony and his family and friends to welcome us with open arms to a place where, in all honesty, we don't belong.  But, they made us feel so comfortable and were so kind to share their time and lives with us.  It was an awesome lazy Sunday in the Guges.

2) Hike up Lion's Head at sunset on a full moon.  I'll let the pictures do the talking here.  (Shout out to Jason for the pics!)



Table Mountain

Cape Town









No comments:

Post a Comment