Saturday, September 11, 2010

And I'm off!

Officially in the Republic of South Africa!  Woot woot!  In Jo'burg for the night before heading out to Richards Bay in the morning.  Already got a nice taste of living in the Southern Hemisphere when it got super dark super early as they are just celebrating the end of Winter and beginning of Spring.

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind.  LAX to Heathrow, some hours in Heathrow, then another 10 hour flight to Jo'burg.  End result: met some very lovely British people, saw some crap movies on my list, caught up on British celebrity gossip, and an awesome case of pitting edema :)  Currently you could tell me it's any hour of the day and I would believe you.  I do have to say the whole experience went by a lot quicker than expected thanks to my awesome travel pillow! ;)  Oh and I think the highlight would be hanging out behind the World's Strongest Man contestants in the immigration line.  Very nice, but wouldn't want to mess with them.

Anywho, that's all I got for now.  Just wanted to introduce everybody to the blog.  I am not set on the name, though my mother is very proud of thinking of it herself.  Would love to hear any suggestions, as to the name or what you want to hear about, etc.  I'll start to add pictures soon enough (didn't really feel like the first picture needed to be of my swollen feet).  I also wanted to thank all my amazing hosts and hostesses over the last six weeks.  I had such an amazing time, such an amazing vacation, and it all made me realize how ready I was for this adventure!  Thank you all!  Ok, I will keep you posted.  Hope all is well and I miss you all already!

No comments:

Post a Comment